Washington Peace Center
1525 Newton St. NW
Washington, DC 20010
Website: Washington Peace Center
The Washington Peace Center is a multi-issue, grassroots, anti-racist organization working for peace, justice and nonviolent social change in the metropolitan Washington D.C. area. We envision a world based on respect for people and the planet that is achieved through nonviolence, peace and social justice.
Our mission is to provide education, resources, and action for those working for positive social change and a world free from oppression. We strengthen the impact of peace and justice movements by:
1. Fostering greater collaboration among activist groups
2. Bridging the gap between global, national & local issues and communities, and
3. Providing the material support to achieve these goals.
Currently, the Peace Center serves as a central organizing and coalition hub for DC-based anti-war, social justice and peace-focused organizations. Our main program areas are:
1) Education: To provide educational programs and materials such as teach-ins, film series and quarterly publication of the Washington Peace Letter;
2) Community Resources: To facilitate and encourage cooperation among anti-war, peace and social justice groups and to provide resources and structural support for groups and individuals to work more effectively on their own campaigns and in collaboration with others;
3) Action: To provide assistance and leadership for public demonstrations and direct actions that contribute to world peace and justice.
All Internships for Washington Peace Center:
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.