General Overview of Position
The Operations Support Team is responsible for the implementation of operations support systems, developing and implementing operational metrics and introducing new products to the Comcast portfolio. The Business Analyst Intern will support these functions by:
• Collecting, processing and analyzing data from various systems
• Updating and monitoring process effectiveness
• Gathering and submitting business requirements
• Creating and analyzing metrics in support of several departmental initiatives
Specific Position Responsibilities & Duties
• Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy within the Comcast network inventory system.
• Analyze and correct unknown equipment locations by using IP, FQDN and other identifying characteristics.
• Assist with migration of data from various data sources into the Comcast network inventory system
• Work any fallout from migrations to ensure accuracy is consistent throughout the data structure
• Assist in the development and documentation of methods and procedures across the operations environment
• Collect, process and analyze data to provide high-priority and ad hoc reports in support of Comcast commercial services
• Partner with team members and internal customers to define metrics and encourage process compliance
• Fundamental knowledge of engineering methodologies & thought processes (design, troubleshooting, support).
• Basic understanding of Networking, Applications & Systems Technology.
• Ability to analyze data and develop metrics and measurement.
• Shows innovation and creativity, takes initiative
• Must be able to work independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
• Strong communications skills
Paid Internship Info:
Please apply by 5/10/2012Additional Info:
This position is in Greenwood Village, COTags:
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.