PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN - FALL
Company/Organization: Moses Anshell
The public relations department is responsible for story generation, media pitching, expert client positioning, and development of strategic and comprehensive PR plans.
- Gain a strong understanding of an agency setting and the PR department�s place within it
- Develop basic PR skills including writing, pitching and planning
- Evaluate and measure public relations opportunities and efforts
- Interact and build relationships with local media
- Have good ideas and share them, even when they are not directly related to the public relations department
As an intern, we want you to be involved, but that doesn�t include taking coffee orders. Our priority is to provide first-hand agency and client experience that you�ll benefit from in the future. We will work with you and your school to ensure that you receive college credit for the internship, if desired. We do not offer relocation assistance or reimbursement.
The time commitment requirement is 15-20 hours per week. The schedule during the week is up to you but we request that you keep it consistent week to week.
Make sure you are fine with these aspects of the internship before applying:
- The internship is unpaid.
- You will be asked to do some admin and grunt work - not a lot, but it will happen. If you feel that you are above that, don�t apply.
- You must have a proactive, self-starter personality.
- Be outgoing. A wilting flower doesn�t last long around here!
- The internship will likely not end with a job offer. We like hiring interns when we can but it�s few and far between. If you are a stellar intern, we�ll try to help you find a job in the industry.
A hardworking, ambitious intern who can be a team player in our public relations department
- Familiarity with and some experience in public relations
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, i.e., good computer skills
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- A sense of humor and creativity
- Good phone skills with the ability to comfortably make cold calls to reporters
- A familiarity with Facebook, Twitter and other social media
15-20 hours per week
please apply by 8/15/12Tags:
Moses Anshell [ All of our Internships ]
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Website: Moses Anshell
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.