Finance Intern- Haiti
The Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti (CNP) is seeking a Finance Intern based in Leogane, Haiti. We are a faith-based, nonprofit US 501(c)(3) corporation that provides programs to improve childhood nutrition in Leogane, Haiti. Known in Haiti as Kore Timoun, CNP’s mission is to improve the health and development of Haitian children in the critical years of birth to age 5, particularly those suffering from malnutrition, who can in turn raise Haiti from poverty.
The Finance Intern works with a strong team both in Haiti and Chattanooga, TN, to actively help fulfill the vision, mission and activities of the Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti to improve the health and nutritional status of children under 5 years of age. S/he is primarily responsible, with support and supervision from the Finance Manager, for ensuring that the financial components of the Haiti programs meet the highest professional and ethical standards.
The Finance Intern is based in Leogane, Haiti, and reports to the Finance Manager, who is based in Chattanooga. With the supervision and support of the Finance Manager and Executive Director, the Finance Intern is primarily responsible for the oversight of all disbursements, maintenance of proper records, management of donor requirements as documented in agreements, communicating with partners and banks on financial matters, and providing timely reports to the Executive Director and Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager we are seeking will bring:
• Passion for CNP’s mission
• Educational and professional background in Business, Finance or related field.
• Prior finance experience in developing countries, preferably Haiti
• Previous management experience, preferably with an NGO in a field position
• Cross cultural sensitivity
• Knowledge of finance and accounting procedures essential
• Fluency in English with competency in French AND/OR Haitian Kreyol
• Willingness to live approximately 11 months out of the year in Haiti and ability to work in physically and emotionally challenging surroundings is essential.
• Ability to prioritize and produce results with little direct supervision
• Ability to multitask and work in a team setting
• Social adaptability and ability to live respectfully in a shared housing context
• Familiarity with grant and donor management and reporting
• Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel and Word
Paid Internship Info:
minimum 1 year commitment
July 15, 2012Additional Info:
• Stipend: $200/month
• a rewarding professional development experience
• housing with shared room and bathroom
• meals Monday-Friday
• 20 vacation days a year and all Haitian holidays
Childrens Nutrition Program of Haiti
Childrens Nutrition Program of Haiti [ All of our Internships ]
1918 Union Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37404
Website: Childrens Nutrition Program of Haiti
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.