The goal of the internship is to provide you hands-on experience of the Language Service Industry in an agency environment. The internship also aims to develop your linguist skills and to give you an opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge into practice.
As a translation team Intern at Language Connect your role will be to assist the project managers and other members of staff with tasks appropriate to your level of experience. These tasks will vary greatly depending on what projects are on-going at the time.
Firstly you will have the chance to use and develop your linguist skills in various fields, as you might be involved in
• Quality Checking translations for accuracy, completeness and formatting
• Data entry
• Verbatim Coding
• Word counts
• Trados analysis and alignment
• Construction and maintenance of Translation memories
You will also gain first-hand experience about the working life of an office and an agency. To ensure this you will be involved in
• Maintaining and updating databases
• Sourcing and liaising with suppliers
• Reception rota; greeting visitors and clients that come to the office (shared responsibility with interns team)
• Training and possibility of supervising new interns
• Managing small translation projects for individual clients
• Arranging certified translations
• General administration
Internships are full time, from 09.00 to 18.00 Monday to Friday for 3 months. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of your supervisors.
Please note that the nature of the work given to you will depend very much on the projects that come in during the course of the three-month period. Internships at Language Connect do not follow a structured daily/weekly/monthly programme; rather they reflect a real-life business environment where you might be called upon for various tasks at any given time. This flexibility enables us to give you a wide variety of tasks depending on your professional development, skills and interest.
• Recently completed or currently pursuing MA or BA studies in linguistics
• Excellent command of English and another European language
• High level of computer literacy
• Good command of Trados or other CAT tools is preferred
• 6-12 months of previous work experience in an office/agency environment is preferred
Paid Internship Info:
9am - 6pm
Since its beginning in 2003, the company has grown consistently and expanded internationally to Germany, Australia and the US. Over the last 12 months, Language Connect has achieved record-breaking turnover growth of 95%.
2 Newhams Row
London, United Kingdom SE1 3UZ
Website: Language Connect
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.