Development Program Assistant Intern
General Job Description
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with professional staff in a dedicated and fast-paced development department. The Development Intern reports to the Membership Coordinator and works closely with other members of the Development Department and Administrative staff on various aspects of nonprofit fundraising including: membership processing and data entry, special events, business supporter research and proposals, state registration, EarthShare registration, grants and foundation research, major donor prospecting, and direct mail appeals.
• Update and maintain donor information in PAN’s Salesforce database. This includes making address changes, linking donor records, combining duplicate records, identifying and correcting data entry errors
• Assist with processing and packaging donor acknowledgements and materials
• Use online resources for donor and event research
• Assist with state charitable registrations and EarthShare (workplace giving) campaign applications
• Assist with foundation and grant research
• Assist in other department and office support activities, as needed
We prefer to have interns that can commit to 15 hours per week, however schedules are somewhat flexible. For this position, preference will be given to applicants who are able to commit at least 4 months.
Location: Most work will occur in the San Francisco office. There may be some opportunity for work at home if desired.
Supervisor: Membership Coordinator
There is no stipend associated with most intern positions at PAN; however, we do reimburse any local commuting costs. Benefits include:
• Strengthened development knowledge and skills
• Better connected to individuals within the field
• Increased understanding of pesticide issues
• Exposed to an established non-profit structure
• Well-organized and able to manage details efficiently
• Ability to work both independently and with supervision
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Proficient in basic computer skills: MS Office
• Experience using databases, Mac-based operating systems, and internet research preferred
• Previous administrative experience, interest in development activities, and commitment to progressive causes preferred
Pesticide Action Network North America
49 Powell St, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94102
Website: Pesticide Action Network North America
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.