The internships are full time, based in D.C. and offer a small stipend. The internships bring diverse and challenging responsibilities, including:
1. Research. Primary topics of interest to the Fordham Institute are: high standards; assessments and accountability systems; charter schools and school choice; curriculum and pedagogy; teacher quality; application of technology; and the federal role in education. We are seeking interns with experience and interest in the education field who can perform high-quality research and write clearly and convincingly. Research tasks would include assisting with our main reports as well as smaller day-to-day projects.
2. Commentary. The Thomas B. Fordham Institute is devoted exclusively to reforming K-12 education. One of the main ways in which we do this is through our on-going commentary. These outlets include the weekly publication of an influential national magazine, The Education Gadfly; a lively, interactive website and blog; a weekly podcast segment; and the publication of our opinion pieces in various national publications. An intern may have the opportunity to contribute to these various media.
3. Clerical duties. The Fordham office is a busy one--and small. In addition to substantive responsibilities, an intern will be expected to help out by answering phones, opening mail, making copies, faxing documents, answering e-mail queries, helping with the web site, and other daily office duties.
We seek resourceful, intelligent, detail-oriented, hard-working individuals who are capable of excelling in an intellectually stimulating and often intense work environment. Research experience is desired, strong writing skills a must and internet experience greatly welcome. Please browse our website for more information about our organization.
August 15, 2012
May 30, 2013, January 1, 2013
August 1, 2012Tags:
Thomas B. Fordham Institute
• High standards for schools, students and educators;
• Quality education options for families;
• A more productive, equitable and efficient education system; and
• A culture of innovation, entrepreneurship, and excellence.
We promote education reform by:
• Producing rigorous policy research and incisive analysis;
• Building coalitions with policy makers, donors, organizations and others who share our vision; and
• Advocating bold solutions and comprehensive responses to education challenges, even when opposed by powerful interests and timid establishments.
Thomas B. Fordham Institute [ All of our Internships ]
1016 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Website: Thomas B. Fordham Institute
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.