Sales/Marketing Internship for Motonation
The Motonation sales/marketing intern will be trained on creating marketing plans, sales techniques and sales closing methods for Motonation and its affiliates AGVSPORT, Sidi, and Vemar. Ideal for college students or recent graduates wishing to add real world experience to their educational credentials. Goals will be set and a game plan will be established to help interns achieve and surpass goals. The intern program is designed to focus on advancing sales in a fun and exciting environment.
• Working as a team with other interns to plan and implement one complete promotional event per quarter under guidance of Motonation staff
• Actively promoting existing Motonation events and programs, including promotions for AGVSPORT, Sidi, and Vemar.
• Help develop and refine the overall Motonation student marketing plan
• Other duties as assigned-- general office work
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
• Create a marketing plan for a specific product and target market
• Draw together profiles and marketing strategies for individual customers
• Write reports and present them to the Management team
• Create advertisements for client events
• Support promotional activities and campaigns
• Market and explore new ideas for inclusion in the company’s strategy
• Manage and develop existing client accounts
• Service a customer base, providing excellent customer service and sales support to individual customers
• Participate as part of a team, on shared assignments and projects
• Deliver presentations to the company and its customers
• Put together the elements of a sponsorship deal between the company and its racers
• Compile a portfolio of completed training assignments at the end of the internship
• Learn in a mentoring relationship where regular appraisal/evaluation offers opportunities to give and receive feedback
• Industry and customer knowledge
• Case management
• Relationship development with customers and vendors
• Project management
• Financial knowledge
• Analysis techniques
• Leadership skills
• Teamwork skills
• Personal presentation and communication skills
The position is open for as long as the student would like, but with a minimum length of 12 weeks with 21 to 35 hours per week.
This position is open to college students with interests in marketing, public relations, advertising, or related fields. Must be organized, motivated, willing to travel, have a sense of humor. Being be an avid motorcycle enthusiast is a plus but not required.
Credit / Compensation
Student interns will have an opportunity to receive college credit. Contact your undergraduate advising office for more information on academic credit. Compensation depends on your work program as defined above; some lighter work-load programs will have no compensation while others will have multiple benefits.
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong writing skills
• Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, or desire to gain competency
Paid Internship Info:
AGV Sports Group
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.