Campus Captain Intern
Be apart of the world’s first “here-now” social network. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, CNN, TechCrunch, VentureBeat and that doesn’t even begin to cover the tip of the iceberg. Become a SonarU Campus Captain and be apart of the team that’s redefining the way we connect with others. Whether you are a freshman or a senior, whether you’re at a school-sponsored orientation or a last-minute frat party, Sonar is there for you, and ready to help you connect with the students around you. We’re like a little bit of liquid courage, only a whole lot easier on your liver.
Here’s what you’ll be expected to do:
- Grow the number of Sonar users on your campus
- Conduct market research about college demographics
- Plan marketing events and promos and make them happen
- Contribute to the Sonar blog’s Campus crusades; you’ll write about the great events you’re hosting and report back on how students are using Sonar on campus
- Liaise with campus newspapers and other student organizations to get the word out
- Hire and manage a stellar team of Sonar Interns to help you along the way
As a SonarU Campus Captain, you’ll reap tons of useful and exciting benefits:
- Build marketing, public relations, journalism, and event planning experience that’ll give your resume that extra boost
- Break in to the tech industry and start-up world
- You’re your own boss! Make your own hours, work at your own pace.
- Recommendation letters
- We’ll dress you in the sweetest Sonar gear
- Opportunity to win a trip to hang out at the Sonar Intergalactic HQ in NYC
You’re the perfect fit if you:
- Are a DIY, independent, self-motivated powerhouse
- Are a natural social butterfly and a born leader. You play well with others and enjoy connecting on screen and off. (Bonus points if you’re already super involved on campus and rubbing elbows with school admins.)
- Are looking to gain experience in the startup world and real world business, marketing & PR skills.
- Eat, breathe, and sleep social media
- Are a good writer and a great talker
- Are pumped about Sonar’s mission and spreading the Sonar love on campus
You must be currently enrolled in college in order to be eligible. This is a non-paid internship but students may earn internship credit at their college or university for their work, provided they complete all official documentation upon acceptance into the program. Time commitments will vary (10-20 hrs) depending on internship requirements. (We provide the guidelines; you build your own schedule)
Begins Fall 2012
Sonar Media, Inc.
Sonar Media, Inc. [ All of our Internships ]
New York, NY
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.