Arts Education Administrative Internship
BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange, a multi-disciplinary performing arts organization in Park Slope, Brooklyn is seeking a motivated, intelligent, good-humored and organized individual to join the education team during their busy fall trimester.
Intern duties will include:
• Assisting Education Director and Education Assistant in all administrative tasks including class preparation and scheduling, outreach, registration and database management.
• Completion of an independent intern project in collaboration with supervisor e.g. outreach for education program, developing a video archive etc.
• Assisting teaching artists, including observation, set up and breakdown of classrooms.
• Covering the front desk- reserving rehearsal space, answering phones, communicating with families.
• General maintenance of space.
• Logistical Support for our Education programming, student concerts, and our partnerships with public and private schools.
• College or Graduate student with related major and/or keen interest in pursuing a career in arts education and/or arts administration sectors. Previous work experience in the performing arts a plus.
• Good writing and communication skills- should be adaptable to a fast-paced working environment and enjoy working with children.
For more information about BAX, please visit www.bax.org
20-25 hours/ week minimum
(preferably between 9am-6pm, but Saturday from 9 -1pm also available)
$700 Stipend for a commitment from September 4th to December 9th, 2012
Please send cover letter explaining your interest in the position and resume by July 30, 2012 to Kasey Serrano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email only please. Include “Fall Internship” in the subject line.
Paid Internship Info:
20-25 hours per week
September 4, 2012
July 30, 2012,
July 30, 2012Tags:
BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange
BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange [ All of our Internships ]
421 5th Ave (at 8th St)
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Website: BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.