Literary Scouting Intern
Sanford J. Greenburger Literary Scouting office is offering a three-month long, full-time, unpaid internship. We are seeking a skillful writer and reader with an avid interest in foreign cultures and book publishing. As a major scouting office in New York, we represent a distinguished group of foreign publishers and agencies to whom we provide information about the American publishing landscape. We read and report on a wide range of fiction and non-fiction in order to help our clients acquire American books for translation in their countries.
• reading manuscripts
• writing readers reports
• researching copyright information
• updating databases
• administrative duties
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All attachments should be either Word Doc or PDF format.
We are seeking intern applicants who:
• Have previous, demonstrated interest in the international book market.
• Have excellent English-language communication skills, written and spoken.
• Are resourceful and organized and can remain focused in an often hectic and fast-paced work environment.
• Can commit to at least ten weeks to three months, at least thirty hours per week.
• Can preferably speak, read, or write in another language besides English.
• Have a college degree from a four-year institution.
• Previous publishing experience is a plus, but not required.
September 1, 2012
Sanford J. Greenburger Associates
Sanford J. Greenburger Associates [ All of our Internships ]
New York, NY 10801
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.