Marketing and Special Events Intern
***Holding Interviews Thursday, May 24th. Please Contact ASAP****
The Marketing and Special Events Intern will assist the Development team with special event planning and execution, social media strategic planning and message creation, volunteer engagement, mobile and social media driven fundraising, marketing and communications collateral, such as PSA’s, press releases, and newsletters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Development Team with event logistics, details and planning for Graduation, the Geek Gala 3.0., The Walk for Opportunity, and Hill Day, etc.
• Gather appropriate visuals and content and create a site-wide newsletter for stakeholders.
• Develop a social media strategy with the assistance of the Manager of External Relations.
• Create and manage social media messaging
• Write and edit PSA’s, press releases, and other communications-related materials
• Assist Manager of Corporate Giving and Engagement with volunteer coordination
• Investigate opportunities for mobile giving and giving through social media and develop tools to implement
• Create and execute a new donor engagement event
Benefits/Learning Experiences of the Position:
• Opportunity to serve as an affiliate in our learning communities and interact directly with students
• Exposure to all departments in a large, growing non-profit organization
• Experience in project management with a great deal of flexibility and creative freedom
• • Passion for our mission and a desire to learn
• Excellent written, verbal, and proofreading skills
• Experience working with Social Media, including Facebook and Twitter
• Strong project management and planning skills
• High degree of flexibility and ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of audiences
• Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to demonstrate cultural competency in working with diverse populations
• Very detail oriented and organized
• Ability to lift 30 lbs.
• Non-profit work experience
• Currently enrolled or recently completed Bachelor’s Degree; a candidate currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree program is preferred in a related field, such as Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations
Paid Internship Info:
Unpaid; college credit options will be considered
Minimum 15 hours per week, flexible times and days
Immediately - December 1, 2012 (Flexibility)
05/31/12, December 1, 2012 (Flexibility)
**Holding Interviews May 24th. Contact ASAP***Tags:
Year Up National Capital Region
Year Up National Capital Region [ All of our Internships ]
1400 South Joyce Street Apt. 501
Arlington, VA 22202
Website: Year Up National Capital Region
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.