Social-Emotional Learning Summer Intern (Paid)
Company/Organization: Rockbrook Camp for Girls
The Internship in Social-Emotional Learning is a rigorous six week program at Rockbrook Camp for Girls (Brevard, NC) that provides student interns training and direct experience applying a whole-child approach to supporting learners’ emotional needs in a group setting. An intern that completes this program will be prepared to apply Social-Emotional Learning best practices in their classroom, including techniques to improve children’s self-awareness, self-management, social-awareness, and relationship skills.
- An introduction to core principles of socio-emotional learning in the context of a camp community
- Weekly journaling and observation prompts, including an end-of-week conference with an on-site advisor
- Shadowing and interviewing educational leaders to learn from their experience in different educational settings
- Completion of a case study, including a reflection on how to apply best practices in their own classrooms
- Presentation of a culminating project to showcase the intern’s learning process and findings from their participation in the program
- A formal evaluation assessing the intern’s overall growth and performance throughout the program
Eligible students will meet the following requirements:
- Pursuing careers in Education
- At least 18 years of age
- One year of participation within an education major or educational leadership program
- Previous classroom practicum experience is preferred, however, a reference from the students academic advisor will be considered in lieu of this experience
May 28th, 2017
April 15th, 2017Additional Info:
Summer 2017 Dates:Tags:
Early: Training week (May 28 – June 3, 2017) + 5 weeks (June 4 – July 6, 2017)
Late: Training week (May 28 – June 3, 2017) + 5 weeks (July 9 – August 10, 2017)
social-emotional learning education elementary education middle school high school camp camp counselorMore Internships in North Carolina:
Rockbrook Camp for Girls
Each summer Rockbrook provides a unique summer camp program of recreation, adventure, creativity and fun. From horseback riding, whitewater rafting, pottery, and swimming to camp fires and exploring a chilly stream, each day at camp is filled with new experiences and great opportunities to develop lasting friendships.
Our goal through these camps is for each child to gain, at her own pace, a deeper understanding of herself and of her relationship with other people and the natural world. Emphasizing a friendly and noncompetitive environment, we aim to provide camp memories that can serve as inner resources for building character later in life.
Rockbrooks Mission is to provide a haven for girls, a place of their own, where they can explore the beauty of nature, try new things, enjoy carefree summer living, and make some of their very best friends.
Rockbrook Camp for Girls [ All of our Internships ]
Brevard, NC 28712
Website: Rockbrook Camp for Girls
Internweb.com cannot guarantee the validity and accuracy of internship postings. All persons expressing interest, applying for or accepting internships posted on Internweb.com do so of their own accord and in compliance with Internweb.com's Terms and Conditions.